Corsham, Wiltshire – Permanent Full Time – 37.5 hours per week
Pharmaxo is a specialist pharmacy and clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS. The compounded drugs used in its drug services are provided by its sister company Qualasept Ltd t/a Bath ASU, which also produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic illness or in need of pain relief.
We have recently invested in a new, multi-million pound manufacturing and office facility in Corsham Science Park in Wiltshire, just 5 miles from Chippenham and 8 miles from Bath. On offer is an unrivalled opportunity to join a successful, expanding company with a great team spirit.
About the role
Pharmaxo are looking to recruit a Oncology Pharmacist to work with our oncology partners, you will screen of oncology prescriptions for a variety of oncology regimens, you will be the Responsible Pharmacist on Rota for the registered premises, including involvement on daily operations such as accuracy checking of prescriptions and leading the dispensary team.
You will coordinate the dispensary activity and supporting the dispensary team whenever required and be involved in the ordering and managing supplies of compounded medications.
The role will entail, but not exclusive to:
Clinical Oncology duties
- Liaising with our specialist oncology partners to ensure safe and effective supply of chemotherapy to their patients.
- Participate on meetings such as Medicines Management Forums.
- Support our oncology partners with medicines information requests, providing a response within the required timeframe.
- Attending our oncology partners sites for regular visits or to support oncology services.
- Developments of effective patient pathways to support patients treated in hospital and at home.
- Comply with the BOPA standards for verification of chemotherapy screening.
- Providing training to other healthcare professionals and patient services to develop them in being able to process chemotherapy orders safely and effectively.
- Monitoring and auditing the provision of oncology services.
- Acting as Responsible Pharmacist on a rotational basis to support the dispensary pharmacists.
- Ensuring compliance with the GPhC standards for pharmacies; working with the Dispensary Manager to ensure a safe and effective service is in place.
- Technical accuracy checking of prescriptions. Managing this workload whilst ensuring personal capability and safety to patients.
- Clinically checking and approving prescriptions received for Pharmaxo homecare patients.
- Managing the ordering of compounded products for patients and liaising with nursing teams to ensure a safe and efficient service.
- Contribution to the development and maintenance of the standard operating procedures (SOPs), process design and Job Aids
We are looking for someone that is passionate about making a difference to patient lives, dedicated to improving company processes, has a drive to be an expert in what they do, wants to be part of our fantastic company community and is as committed to their career training and progression as we are. Do you have the qualities that we are looking for? If so you could join our friendly and dynamic team.
You must be a GPhC registered Pharmacist with a minimum 1year experience of screening oncology prescriptions Due to the nature of the company and this position all successful candidates will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) application.
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- 29 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 34 days with service
- Company bonus scheme upon successful completion of probation
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast, fruit and outdoor gym
How to apply
If you would like more information about this position or would like to apply with covering letter and CV, please email email@example.com
Closing date for completed applications is – 2nd December 2019. You will be contacted by 5th December 2019 if you have been shortlisted for an interview and these will take place 12th December 2019.