Pharmacy Assistant / Dispenser
PHARMACY ASSISTANT / DISPENSER
37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday
(Part time hours across Monday to Friday also available)
Hours to be worked between 8am and 8pm including participation in the dispensary rota
Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Ltd, award winning company for the fastest-growing, privately owned pharma business in the UK, is expanding its homecare support team due to ongoing success. Pharmaxo provides clinical homecare services to a range of patients across the UK. Homecare pharmacy bridges the gap between community and hospital pharmacy, you will work as part of an established team to supply medicines to patients being treated within their own homes. Join us to expand your knowledge and experience in our interesting and supportive environment, an ideal opportunity for a newly qualified GPhC registered pharmacist.
Working in our dispensary, you will be responsible for dispensing products for homecare either for patients managed by Pharmaxo or one of our homecare partner organisations. You may also participate in patient support activities including scheduling deliveries of medicines and dealing with enquiries from patients and other healthcare professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities to include
- Labeling and dispensing homecare medications to patients against homecare prescriptions, including parenteral and oral chemotherapy and immunological products.
- Working with our dispensary team to ensure all patient orders are delivered in a timely manner.
- Ordering and management of homecare products, including cold chain products.
- Working within our Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to deliver safe and effective services to our patients.
- Liaising with our patient management team to ensure that products are delivered in accordance with patients’ needs.
- Participating in the wholesale supply of products to hospitals and other approved organisations.
Experience in hospital or retail pharmacy would be beneficial but this is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and organised individual to learn and develop new skills in a unique and expanding field. Ideally, you should be working towards or have completed an NVQ level 2 in Pharmacy Services or other relevant field.
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary: £17,979 per annum
- 29 days holiday, increasing with service to 34 days, inclusive of bank holidays
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
Pharmaxo is based in a new science park development in Corsham, with easy access to Chippenham, Bath and Bristol. Commit to excellence, join our team “Where patients come first”.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position or require more information, please send your Covering Letter and CV in the first instance to email@example.com
Closing date for completed applications is Friday 23rd August 2019. With interviews planned for the 5th September 2019.